- Complete your daily checks such as oils, water and tyres, and don’t forget the safety items like seatbelt, mirrors, rating plate, and emergency disconnect for all your battery electric users.
- Raise those fork tynes. Excessive wear on fork tynes is generally caused by dragging them around on the ground. Not only is more fuel being used in this process, you are also wearing out your fork tynes which again is an avoidable cost.
- Call in those problems. Don’t leave it for the next operator, as components can wear out during a shift. If you see a problem report it!
- Keep an eye on those hydraulic hoses for wear (Splitting/cracking or weeping). Organise replacements prior to them failing.
- Forklifts are the vacuum cleaners of the warehouse industry. If you have compressed air, blow the unit out including the radiator weekly. This will keep your unit clean inside and also keep the unit from having a blocked radiator which is a common problem.
- Ensure your operators are licensed and trained to operate the equipment. Having unlicensed or untrained operators can be detrimental to the safety of others and the condition and use of your forklift. Operating the forklift without the knowledge of completing a licence can lead to ineffective daily checks.
- Check your tyre wear. Is the forklift operating in the same direction and turning the same corners? This can cause premature tyre wear. During the routine maintenance ensure the tyres are rotated for maximum efficiency. This is the same for tandem load wheels on Reach & Pallet Trucks.
- Traction battery maintenance use the WOW Principle (Water On Wednesday). Top the battery up after charge, and do not opportunity charge your battery as this will reduce the life of your battery. Keep in mind it is the fuel for the forklift.
- Uptime versus Downtime. Call it in prior to a failure. This will increase productivity and reduce downtime and most of all maintain equipment to manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines.
- Sign Up a MK Service Agreement. Perhaps the best advice we can give is to schedule your routine maintenance and thorough examinations with a MK2 Lift Trucks service agreement. A tailored service contract to meet your specific requirements
Request a site visit
If you would like to find out more about how MK2 Lift Trucks can keep your business moving why not request a site survey?
We can assess your fleet and discuss your trucks in more detail and set up a tailored service schedule.
Interested? Just hit the button and enter your details and a member of our team will get back to you to arrange a site visit.